About Me

My photo
I'm a full time realtor who loves to dapple in art and antiques. I dedicate this blog to my grandmother Hallie who never forgot how to live, laugh, and love to the fullest...and always passed it on.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Say Cheese

In a previous post, I shared that I collect "smilers".
Here are two more that are my favorites.


I was thrilled to find out this week that they are part of a collection of folk art produced by C.W.Roberts. My friends and I went to a show at the Houston Center For Contemporary Crafts this week and I found other works from this artist there. I found mine in a Craft/Antique mall 8 or 9 years ago. Besides their obvious cuteness, they are whistles! Their heads come off and their necks are where you blow into them. New definition of air head? I like the way I can swivel their heads to pose them and change their attitudes. They make me smile. How about you?

1 comment:

  1. I'm almost postive that's the same woman I did a showing with at Gallery Americana years ago. Looks like her work. Her stuff is very fun. Thanks for telling me about it! xo PJ

    ReplyDelete